If you are suffering from painful, swollen, red, bleeding gums, then try out some of these simple home remedies to get instant relief.
- Prepare a saline solution by mixing salt in a glass of lukewarm water. Rinse your mouth with this solution in the morning and evening.
- Flossing after every meal also helps.
- Use a soft brush; and brush after every meal.
- Take vitamin C supplements or consume citrus fruits. Deficiency of vitamin C can cause bleeding gums.
- Use mouthwash containing sage oil, peppermint oil, menthol or chamomile. Muslims to avoid mouthwash containing alcoholic components. Read ingredients before you buy. Rub some clove oil on your gums.
- Consume food items containing low saturated fats.
- Avoid sugar, fruit juices, white flour and soft drinks.
- Rub a solution of baking soda and water on your gums and then brush your teeth. Baking soda neutralizes the activity of bacteria in your mouth.
- You can also use aloe on your teeth and gums. It has excellent healing properties.
- Gargle 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide with water for three times a week.
- Take extra dose of calcium either as supplements or naturally as food.
- Add a drop of Tea Tree Oil to your toothpaste to prevent gum disease.
- Smoking and alcoholism can also cause gingivitis
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com