The English language. Did you know?
- Did you know the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is 'E.'
- Did you know the least used letter in the alphabet is 'Q.'
- Did you know skiing is the only word with double 'i.'
- Did you know dreamt is the only word that ends in 'mt.'
- Did you know the first letters of the months July through to November spell JASON.
- Did you know there are only 4 words in the English language which end in 'dous' (they are: hazardous, horrendous, stupendous and tremendous).
- Did you know the oldest word in the English language is 'town.'
- Did you know 'Bookkeeper' and 'bookkeeping' are the only 2 words in the English language with three consecutive double letters.
- Did you know the word 'Strengths' is the longest word in the English language with just one vowel.
- Did you know the dot on top of the letter 'i' is called a tittle.
- Did you know the past tense for the English word 'dare' is 'durst.'
- Did you know the word 'testify' derived from a time when men were required to swear on their testicles.
- Did you know The first English dictionary was written in 1755.
- Did you know the word old English word 'juke' meaning dancing lends its name to the Juke Box.
- Did you know 1 out of every 8 letters written is an 'e.'
- Did you know the longest one syllable word in the English language is 'screeched.'
- Did you know all pilots on international flights identify themselves in English regardless of their country of origin.
- Did you know the expression to 'knuckle down' originated from playing marbles (players used to put their knuckles to the ground for their best shots).
- Did you know the word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
- Did you know the most commonly used word in English conversation is 'I.'
"You are not responsible for what people think about you.
But you are responsible for what you give them to think about you"
ALWAYS KEEP SMILING
Just click here
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org