Thursday 17 August 2017

[ ::: ♥Keep_Mailing♥ ::: ]™ A Bus Journey and a Kind Conductor to remember for ever

Dear Friends,

Few years back I had a memorable bus journey- by KSRTC bus from Angamali to Thrissur-while I was trying to save taxi fare from Nedumbasseri air port to my village-Punnayurkulam in Trissur District.

What happened that day makes me remember -with guilty feeling  in my mind- the bus Conductor-who gave me the bus ticket-though I didn't have money with me to pay for it at that time.

I took a morning flight from Mumbai to Nedumbasseri to meet and be with my ailing mother for few days. Normally, I call Prakasan - our neighbour-who has a taxi and ask him to pick me up from airport.

That morning I was travelling alone and thought why not to save the taxi fare by taking a bus instead. I was travelling alone and with very little luggage-so it should be easy going by bus. I hired a 3 wheeler to drop me at Angamali bus stand and waited at the KSRTC bus stand for the bus to Thrissur or Kunnamkulam to go to Punnayurkulam. There were few others waiting like me. The bus to Thrissur came next and I picked up my bag and tried to get in. To my surprise there was a sudden rush and people were pushing me to get in.I could manage to get in some how. 

After entering, I checked my pocket-when the bus conductor came to issue ticket. To my surprise, my wallet with about 6000 rupees was gone.I told the conductor about the missing wallet and I have no money to pay for the ticket.The conductor asked me if I want to get down to lodge a police complaint. I told the conductor  I have to travel and police complaint would be a waste of time. I requested him to stop the bus near any ATM on the way-so that I can withdraw money and pay him. Luckily my ATM  card was in another pocket and was safe. The conductor issued me the ticket and the bus didn't stop at any ATM. 
After reaching Thrissur, I asked him how would I pay the ticket fare-as he has issued me a ticket? He said it is OK and walked off. I hired a three wheeler, went in search of an ATM-as ATM kiosks were not many those days ( 15-20 years back). I came back to the KSRTC bus stand after withdrawing money-but couldn't find the conductor or the bus-may be  he had already left on another trip. 

I left for Punnayurkulam - thinking I was an idiot by not even knowing  the name of that kind man. I remain indebted till date to him and I owe him an appology for not asking  his name or address to return the favour. I remember the bus journey-only with a guilty feeling  -that I didn't ask for his name or address. I am not sure if I can remember his face even-if I ever meet him again.

I hope the conductor reads this story and understand how I feel about him. May be he has narrated this incident to his children and one of them may read this story. I will be happy to hear from any one .

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Keep_Mailing" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to keep_mailing+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to keep_mailing@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/keep_mailing.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/keep_mailing/a9bbcd7c-f1e0-4fed-8b80-35a9da9c0edc%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment