Thursday 17 August 2017

[ ::: ♥Keep_Mailing♥ ::: ]™ A Cheat.

This is a story of another bus journey.

I think it happened in 1975 or so. I was serving in Indian Air Force those days and came to my village on 60 days annual leave.
My father had a stroke before that and was in hospital for many days. After his discharge from hospital, he had to visit the consulting doctor for follow up after few days and both myself and my father went to Thrissur from Punnayurkulam by a morning bus.

After the consultation with the doctor  was over I bought medicines for my father, went to a restaurant and we had  lunch. The problem was that I had only 10 rupees left with me, after the lunch  and we needed much more than that to return to Punnayurkulam.The 10 rupees would take us to Kunnamkulam and we will be left with some change-which wouldn't take us to Punnayurkulam. I didn't know any one in Thrissur and didn't know what to do.  I couldn't tell my sick father about the problem as it would have been too much for him to bear. Finally, the bus to Kunnamkulam came and we boarded the bus and I gave the 10 rupee note to the conductor. He didn't have change and he wrote 10-behind the ticket- asking me to collect change later.

At the back of my mind I was thinking  how to get back to Punnayurkulam and the conductor gave me a chance by writing 10 at the back of the ticket.

The bus was GBT and those days they had to write single tickets for every passenger. The conductor gave me 2 tickets and wrote 10 behind 1 ticket. This was my chance.I tore off one ticket and gave to my father and kept the other ticket with 10 written behind it with me.

After arriving at Kunnamkulam, I went to the conductor, presented the single ticket asking for balance.He gave me something around 7 rupees and I walked away. This was more than sufficient for our bus fare to Punnayurkulam from Kunnamkulam.

I cheated the bus conductor so that we could get back home.

Am I a CHEAT?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Keep_Mailing" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to keep_mailing+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to keep_mailing@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/keep_mailing.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/keep_mailing/cb5167cc-409e-434c-b961-969a7dbdb208%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment