5. 6 months expenses must be available for emergency fund (should be invested in LIQUID FUND, FD Etc)
6. Home loan must be registered and apply on both husband and wife name. (Both can get benefits on Home loan Tax benefits)
7. Buying second house for investment is not advisable ( _Survey reports - it will fetch you only around 3% return_)
8. After 45 years of age, not supposed to enter into any BIG LIABILITIES (Higher education of children and wedding of children will happen around 45 to 50 only, so plan now for the same.)
10. Property must be registered on both Husband and wife name. (As per legal act – after husband first legal heir is wife, after wife it will go to children only)
12. Only in insurance policy, Claims payable to Nominee. In other financial instruments legal heirs certificate is must to get back the settlement
14. Don't take any financial investment decisions EMOTIONALLY, and also Avoid last minute tax saving investment decisions, plan well in advance..
15. MEDICLAIM is must (in spite of Group mediclaim coverage given at office) (After retirement there is no mediclaim coverage, after 50-55 years of age, it's very tough and costly to enter into mediclaim)
16. For your jewelry LOCKER, Only one lakh is payable by bank, if theft or fire happen at bank. Provided insurance done.
17. Like same way Government guaranteed only one lakh for your FD also. (Fixed deposits with Banks upto Rs. 1 lakh only are backed by deposit insurance)
18. Must know all Tax implications. You cannot avoid paying tax. But you can minimize by way of tax planning and investments..