Wednesday 24 December 2014

[ ::: ♥Keep_Mailing♥ ::: ]™ Fwd: rose


 



 
rose-petal-honey-recipe
I'm in love with roses at the moment. I just can't contain myself. I'm sniffing as many as I can, creating rose flavoured concoctions that would have angels sighing with delight, and if I could, I'd wear them as well. I'm also avoiding sugar and wanted to create a recipe that mimicked the Ayurvedic tonic Gulkand which uses rose petals and sugar.

On this journey of petal discovery I have found some to taste disgusting, and I really do mean utterly revolting, and then I find others that have me soaring into the stratosphere, my current favourite tasting rose petal is that of Rosa rugosa aka Red Japanese Rose which not only smells heavenly, but tastes extraordinary. Chances are you've walked by it many times. It's the rose with the massive hip, and is usually found in urban spaces.
Ingredients
  • 1 clean jar with screw top lid.
  • 1 jar of light, clear honey.
  • A tub of Rosa rugosa petals.
Suggested Instructions
  1. Finely chop the rose petals, the put into your empty jar and pour over the honey.
  2. Stir well, then allow to sit on a windowsill in sunlight. The petals will all rise to the top, so when they have, add more carefully stirring them in. You might think you have filled the jar up, but keep adding more until the honey and rose petal mixture is nearly over flowing. Cap and return to the windowsill.
  3. Add more petals if there is honey showing as the petals try and separate. It's all a guesstimate with this recipe.
  4. Leave for a few weeks and then use on hot buttered toasted tea cakes or just plain toast. Stir into porridge, or for the wild and free, drizzle over your lovers body and indulge.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Keep_Mailing" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to keep_mailing+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to keep_mailing@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/keep_mailing.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/keep_mailing/CAKe5fOVzHO0uPdKiL%3DBkKfyijpocx1QKVwJGZeDOWWAwn%3DQ4Xw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment