Tuesday 28 January 2014

[ ::: ♥Keep_Mailing♥ ::: ]™ THE REAL CONTRAST BETWEEN THE RICH AND THE POOR - A Heartrending pps

THE REAL CONTRAST BETWEEN THE RICH AND THE POOR - A Heartrending pps

The Difference Between Poor People And People Who Actually Have Taste And Class

There’s been a lot of talk about class and privilege. Someone wrote an article about the things rich kids do to act poor, which made me think about the things poor people do to pretend to be rich.

I’ve been thinking of the struggles from my past I’ve overcome and I remember being a kid and downplaying the less glamorous aspects of what was going on with my family. Although I don’t think the people I was friends with from wealthier families would have necessarily been extremely judgmental, it was just the point that I knew we were different from each other, and so I often put a wall up from letting most people in. It was simply too uncomfortable to let them see the truth in some situations.

In The Pursuit of Happyness, Will Smith’s character pretends he has more money than he does, shelling out his last few dollars to a very wealthy colleague who forgot his wallet and needs the meter paid. He could have easily been like, “Sorry man, I don’t have it,” but instead he gave up the cash because he wanted to appear a certain way to someone he was trying to impress. At the very least he wanted to be the kind of guy who had enough cash on him to cover an unexpected taxi fare.

In reality, giving up that money destroyed him. It meant not being able to feed himself and his son that night. It reminds me of when I dated someone from a wealthy family who criticized me when I said I only had 20 bucks in my bank account. If anything these recent articles on class and wealth have taught us about anything, it’s that we still have so much to learn and understand about each other.

May I therefore request every recipient of this mail to view the attached PPS and think in depth at least of the better circumstance we have compared to the many starving in this world.

Regards

TONY CHACKO


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Keep_Mailing" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to keep_mailing+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to keep_mailing@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment