Thursday 25 June 2015

Re: [ ::: ♥Keep_Mailing♥ ::: ]™ A Gift for Two

BEAUTIFUL

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 4:34 PM, 'DR. MAHESH' via Keep_Mailing
<keep_mailing@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> A Gift for Two
>
> It was a beautiful day for sightseeing around downtown Portland. We were a
> bunch of councilors on our day off, just out for some fun. The weather was
> perfect for a picnic, so when lunch time came, we set our sights on a small
> park in town. Since we all had different cravings, we decided to split up,
> get what each of us wanted, and meet back on the grass in a few minutes.
> When my friend Robby headed for a hot dog stand, I decided to keep her
> company. We watched the vendor put together a perfect hot dog, just the way
> Robby wanted it. But when she took out her money to pay him, the man
> surprised us.
> It looks a little on the cool side, he said, so never mind paying me.
> This will be my freebie of the day.
> We said our thanks, joined our friends in the park, and dug into our
> food. But as we talked and ate, I was distracted by a man sitting alone
> nearby, looking at us. I could tell that he hadn't showered for days.
> Another homeless person, I thought, like all others you see in cities. I
> didn't pay much more attention than that.
> We finished eating and decided to head off for more sightseeing. But
> when Robby and I went to the garbage can to throw away my lunch bag, I heard
> a strong voice ask, 'there isn't any food in that bag, is there?'
> It was the man who had been watching us. I didn't know what to say.
> 'No, I ate it already'. 'Oh', was his only answer, with no shame in his
> voice at all. He was obviously hungry, couldn't bear to see anything thrown
> away, and was used to asking this question.
> I felt bad for the man, but didn't know what I could do. That's
> when Robby said, I'll be right back. Please wait for me a minute, and ran
> off. I watched curiously as she went across to the hot dog stand. Then I
> realized what she was doing. She bought a hot dog, crossed back to the trash
> can, and gave the hungry man the food.
> When she came back to us, said simply, I was just passing on the
> kindness that someone gave me.
> That day I learned how generosity can go farther than the person
> you give to. By giving, you teach others how to give also.
>
> *****
>
> To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand
> heads bowing in prayer.
> Mahatma Gandhi.
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Keep_Mailing" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to keep_mailing+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to keep_mailing@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/keep_mailing.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/keep_mailing/1463878918.788653.1435230268709.JavaMail.yahoo%40mail.yahoo.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Keep_Mailing" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to keep_mailing+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to keep_mailing@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/keep_mailing.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/keep_mailing/CAMEN3TXg8pfs%3DM4Tus%2BezieZOH8FkN9AFWqe_C5btY0GOe2pmQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment