Why Staying organized helps?
Staying organized has many advantages in terms of having more time for yourself and family; in terms of saving money; peace of mind, better health, balanced life and improved professional/Social life.
Below are some considerations on how to be more Organized and consequently get the benefits mentioned above.
How to stay organized?
1. Use files or folders to place all your Personal documents. Segregate your documents and place different kind of documents in different files. For example utility bills, educational documents and purchase receipts to be placed in three different files. If you want you can scan (or take a picture from your mobile) and put it in your email for quick reference. Make sure your password is safe! Advantage: Saves time and avoid stress to find the relevant document.
2. Differentiate between urgent and important tasks. Important tasks sooner or later will come out to be either very fruitful (if you have given them proper attention) or would be a complete disaster (if you have avoided them). Advantage: Attending Urgent tasks in timely manner will ensure healthy outcome in terms of family, personal, financial or professional life. You may want to read my article at http://paradigmwisdom.blogspot.com/2012/01/learn-to-differentiate-between-urgent.html
3. You need to closely observe your Time stealers. the routine tasks which takes away a lot of time but do not produce real good results should be optimized. Advantage: You will have more control on your time and arrange it for family & self matters.
4. Place your things at right locations. Allocate proper drawers, boxes, cabinets, Files, balcony for accessories. Advantage: you don't have to waste your time when you need something.
5. Google Calendar is a great service which sends you email and SMS for any event which you store in your online Calendar. You can set reminders for next car service, tires replacement, remembering birthdays & anniversaries and so on. Advantage: you will save money by avoiding disasters (car malfunctioning etc), you will have healthy family relations (birthdays etc)
6. Make a to-do list. Maintain it on daily/weekly basis. Use 'post-it' notes for shopping list. Advantage: Critical tasks will not be missed. Unnecessary market revisits will be avoided.
7. If you are Muslim, your Prayers timings can make you punctual and give you the convenience to organize a lot of events in-between two prayers. You can become a role model for others by being organized this way.
Stay organized for a concrete grip on your life starting today.
Please do share if you have any other tips…
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com